Sunday, July 10, 2011

The Branch

The Lord is a branch and I, a leaf that shelters it. He nourishes my spirit with waters from heaven so I may flourish to beget new offspring in his name. He holds me tightly as storms approach and flexes to give way to the torrential winds.

He is the foundation that keeps me anchored to the promise of eternal life. Without him, I would wither away, fall to earth and turn to dust in the ground. He taught me the great power of his love by his heroic and selfless sacrifice.

He shows me how faith will overcome all trials that I have come to face in my life. When darkness overcomes me, he illuminates my spirit with the power of the sun. When it seems I have lost my way, he leads me to my destination by the mapping of the stars.

Jesus Christ is the instrument of all that is good and I shall follow him intently, each and every day of my life.

                                                      By, Michael A. Wiggs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Canvas of Color Let's paint a picture with colorless stain, on the canvas of life and love. Our tears will create a work of...