Sunday, July 10, 2011

My Baby's Song

She thinks I can pick up mountains
And walk on the deepest of seas
Walk through a column of fire
Handle all problems with ease

My princess says daddy can run fast
Shoot out the stars in the sky
Turn off the light on a bright moon
Make twinkles in her beautiful eyes

She tells friends I protect her from monsters
They run when I walk in her room
I can make clouds move with a whisper
Sweep floors without using a broom

My lullabies can’t be sung better
By anyone better than me
My kiss on her cheek brings her comfort
My touch helps my baby go to sleep

If only she knew of my weakness
The tears I cried at her birth
The pain I’d feel if I lost her
My life would no longer have worth

My strength is to know that she loves me
Determination when I look in her eyes
Perseverance just to know I’m her daddy
Weakness when she tells me goodbye


By, Michael A. Wiggs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Canvas of Color Let's paint a picture with colorless stain, on the canvas of life and love. Our tears will create a work of...