Sunday, July 10, 2011

Wish

I made a wish at early light
that I could get a new red bike
it was my birthday the first of May
my wish came true late in the day

I've been real good at home, in school
I share my float when in the pool
I do my school work, make good grades
Every morning my bed is made.

I hug daddy and match his socks
I always listen when he talks
I help mommy fold the clothes
When I sniffle, I blow my nose.

I say my prayers when I go to sleep
I pray the Lord my soul to keep
And when I pray, I make a wish
That God will one day give me a sis.

I'm very patient when I ask
It isn't such an easy task
But when I wait and not complain
I know the wish I soon will gain.
                            Michael Wiggs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Canvas of Color Let's paint a picture with colorless stain, on the canvas of life and love. Our tears will create a work of...