Sunday, July 10, 2011

My Lost Valentine


Alone in her house again, reminiscing about Valentine's from the past, wishing, dreaming that he was in her arms again.
The radio plays songs of sweet lost loves while she sits still, looking at the photos hanging on her walls.
Just over the fireplace is the photo of her one and only true love,
her knight in shining armor.
She remembers how he made her laugh when she was sad, how he covered her in his arms when her emotions were fragile.
 As tears stream down her face, she remembers her trip to the skating rink , when she fell on the ice. He came over and knelt down to ask her if she was alright. He reached out his hand for hers and helped her to her feet. His smile so loving and sincere, such warmth it brought to her spirit.
"Why did he have to go", she asks. Her pain turns to anger...
Her hands close tightly and cover her face as tears flow and drop onto her breasts.
"Why did you leave me, what did I do to deserve this?" She covers her head in the now tattered pillow he gave her many years ago.
She closes her eyes and prays, " Lord, he was my life, my love and my future."
Suddenly, she feels a warmth and subtle peace overcome her spirit.
She hears a voice coming from beyond, " My precious child, the wonderful man was taken from you because his work on earth was complete. He could not have been a more perfect man, a perfect father. Your dad raised you better than my expectations and he is now with me  watching over you...."
                                                                                                         By, Michael A. Wiggs        

No comments:

Post a Comment

Canvas of Color Let's paint a picture with colorless stain, on the canvas of life and love. Our tears will create a work of...