Sunday, July 10, 2011

The Flame

Deep within my intellect burns a raging fire which cannot be extinguished by the power of my own will. A fire which guides me to climb the highest mountain, to reach beyond the limits of my physical being.

It freed me from the braces I wore on my legs and allowed me to run along side my siblings. It allows me to courageously face all internal and external conflicts with complete and utter passion.

When I feel like conceding, the flame burns brighter and coerces my spirit to fight for what is good. It fills me with compassion for the less fortunate and the desire to protect children and the elderly. It taught me to love those who are my friends and those who are my enemies.

This glorious flame gives me the tenacity to fight for those who are oppressed but to proceed in a peaceful manner. It taught me that wars can be won without weapons of violence and that love will always over hate.

What exactly is this flame and where did it come from? For it is the majestic power and love of God that made its home in my heart.

                                                              By, Michael A. Wiggs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Canvas of Color Let's paint a picture with colorless stain, on the canvas of life and love. Our tears will create a work of...