Monday, July 11, 2011

Rain on the Windshield

Reminiscing while driving
Past the rolling fields of gold,
Remembering the times we shared together,
The stories that were told.

The black tar is steaming,
By the heat of the day,
The dark clouds are rolling in
For rain is on the way.

It's been seven lonely years
Since you were taken away.
The cancer took your precious life
On that cool, sad Autumn day.

I'm listening to the radio,
The preacher's sermon is great,
He said,” Seek God for your comfort,
Just take time to pray."

The rain begins falling
As I pray to my Lord.
I explain how I lost you,
And, how you were my world.

His voice was like thunder,
He said, “Life is a whim,
Be at peace my dear child,
You will see him again."

I feel a sense of great peace
And I've come to realize,  
That wasn't rain on the windshield,
But those were tears in my eyes.

                           By, Michael A. Wiggs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Canvas of Color Let's paint a picture with colorless stain, on the canvas of life and love. Our tears will create a work of...